What's New in CCLE (Moodle 3.4)?
Tell us what you think!
- If you are having problems using or accessing CCLE, click on the button at the top of the screen, and select "Submit a help request" from the drop-down menu. Your help request will be routed directly to the appropriate CCLE support staff. You can also contact your local CCLE support staff. Please see below for the list of local CCLE Support staff by division (and by subject area here).
CCLE Local Support Staff by Unit or Subject Area
- Anderson School of Management: Michael Samojlik, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences: Cody Ashe-McNalley, email@example.com
- Chemistry: Jonathan Erde, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Society and Genetics: Jonathan Rodgers, email@example.com
- Continuing Education: TBD
- David Geffen School of Medicine: DGIT Educational Technology Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences: Rod O'Connor, email@example.com
- Fielding School of Public Health: Ed Nakashima, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate School of Education and Information Studies: GSEIS Course Help, email@example.com
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science: SEASnet Helpdesk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Herb Alpert School of Music: Todd Weber, email@example.com
- Human Genetics: DGIT Educational Technology Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanities Division: Tom Garbelotti, email@example.com
- Institute of the Environment: Royce Dieckmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Institute, Nora Joswig, email@example.com
- Life Science: Kristin Hartman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luskin School of Public Affairs: Mits Yamahata, Dennis Jong, email@example.com
- Mathematics: Mathematics Computer Consulting Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neuroscience: Jenny Lee, email@example.com
- Physics and Astronomy: D.L. MacLaughlan-Dumes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychology: Aaron Stamper, email@example.com
- Program in Computing: Mathematics Computer Consulting Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Arts and Architecture: UCLA Arts Computing Support, email@example.com
- School of Arts and Architecture: UCLA Architecture and Urban Design Computing Support, Linda Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Dentistry: Agustin Rios, email@example.com
- School of Law: Sangeeta Pal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing: Scott Dicks, Nir Shemer, email@example.com
- School of Theatre Film and Television: TFT Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Sciences Division: Caroline Kong and Kevin Kitagawa, email@example.com
- Statistics: Enrique Reyes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Library: Evan Manzanetti, email@example.com
CCLE Home Staff
- Coordinator: Nick Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead Developer: Rex Lorenzo, email@example.com
- Instructional Design & Support Manager: Deborah Kearney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- System Administrator: Daniel Tran, email@example.com
- Developer: Tulasi Atikamsetti, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support Coordinator: Amber Stokes, email@example.com
The infrastructure for the CCLE's course and collaboration sites is based on a network of both local and shared Moodle server installations, and reflects the CCLE Planning Team's decision to adopt a "hybrid approach" consisting of one shared system (CCLE Shared System) with the option of multiple unit-only installations. The division of Social Sciences is the first CCLE unit to select this option.
CCLE Shared System
Launched in Spring 2007, the CCLE shared system is currently home to over 2,000 course sites per term and 600 collaboration sites from schools, divisions and departments across the campus.
CCLE Social Sciences
As a participating member of CCLE, the Social Sciences Division transitioned successfully from ClassWeb to Moodle in Fall 2009. Since then, Social Sciences Computing has been hard at work optimizing the functionality and usability of Moodle to ensure performing the tasks instructors would normally do in ClassWeb are just as easy, or easier than before.
If you are having problems using or accessing CCLE, click on the button at the top of the screen, and select "Submit a help request" from the drop-down menu. Your help request will be routed directly to the appropriate CCLE support staff. You can also contact your local CCLE support staff
Weekly maintenance (up to 5 minutes) can fall on any of these days:
- Tuesday from 6 am – 8 am
- Friday from 6 am – 8 am
- Sunday from 6 am – 8 am
Quarterly extended maintenance can take up to 10 hours and is always scheduled to start on the Tuesday following finals week at 12:00 am and end by 8:00 am.
End of Summer extended maintenance can take up to 10 hours and is always scheduled to start on the Tuesday following the end of Summer Session C at 12:00 am and end by 8:00 am.
- Schedule of Classes
- General Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Counseling
- Dean of Students
- Registrar's Office
- College of Letters and Science
- Undergraduate Research at UCLA
- Summer Sessions
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is a multidisciplinary student mental health center for the UCLA campus. CAPS supports the academic and student development missions of the University and the Division of Student Affairs. Contact 24/7 ☎ (310) 825-0768.
- Library of Congress - American Memory Site
- Library of Congress - American Memory - List of Collections
- N.Y. Public Library Digital Image Collection
- UCLA Library Digital Collections
Center for Accessible Education (CAE)
- The University provides services to students with disabilities and should any student require disability-related accommodations, they should contact the Center for Accessible Education (TDD 310-206-6083).